its nothing personal



Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm back and I'm definately alive. WOW. My trip to USA was definately a blast and I'm still suffering the side effects of it after about a week. Managed to filter out some images and I thought I might wanna share with you if you're interested.


A trip to States from Mickey Mouse on Vimeo.


Day 1
Photobucket

Arrving at LAX airport after a really long flight journey. But I was really excited.

Photobucket

Its not 'Bus Stopping' anymore.
After checking in to our hotel, Wyndham Fullerton, we went to walk around the very country-side town of ours. Went to Denny's and this really helpful waitress was telling us how to get to South Coast Plazaby bus, because there isn't any taxi in town and if you were to book a driver, its gonna cost us 150USD. That shopping mall was awesome and we really liked it sooooo much that we decided to go back there again on our last day.

So... Day 2

Photobucket
Yay Disney Land! Every kids dream... Its not bad... but I prefer Universal Studios. More about that later...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh... everyone has to try this bread! The bakery itself is in Disney Land and its so fresh! Got to spend lots of time queing though.

Photobucket
The night view at disney. Thats the ferris wheel... If you think Singapore's one is impressive (yawn) wait till you ride that one... There are 2 different types of cabin, the stationary one and the one that swings! Well I took the one that could swing and omg.. scary stuff.

Photobucket

Day 3
Photobucket
My favourite Universal Studios!!! For some unknown reasons, I started smiling when I entered that place :/
Photobucket
The studio tour was really awesome. We were seated in a tram and they brought us to the filiming locations. Really cool and they showed us the special effects used in movies etc. Our guild was Perry and he's a real entertainer.

Photobucket
Spin that car..

Photobucket
I command a flood!

Photobucket


Photobucket
That aeroplane costs USD 60K to buy and 200k to destroy.

Photobucket
Went to watch a show at waterworld and it was really well done. Hahaa... they would splash water at you so be careful!

Photobucket
That jet just flew out from nowhere and the audience were all going 'wow! omg!'

Photobucket
Real fire okay... could feel the heat

Photobucket
Thats my soup for dinner at Coco's Restaurant. You'll never drink Pasta Mania's Minestrone again.

Day 4
Photobucket
On the way to Las Vegas!! Its really built in a desert...

Photobucket
Stopped by this factory outlet and everyone went mad. But well, I felt was okay only. Coach was cheap but I didn't like Coach.

Photobucket
Ah! The biggest hotel in Las Vegas, The Venetian. I don't like it. Too many people snapping pictures inside and it gets irritating. I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel that has so many tourists flooding the hotel you're staying.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The night view... and the fake Eiffel Tower
Photobucket

Bellagio hotel is considered one of the most expensive hotel around and the only thing I likedabout it is the very famous fountain. Other than that, nah... same reasons as The Venetian.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Inside Luxor hotel, where its shaped like a pyramid the the lifts travel at a 50 degree angle.Kinda cool.


Photobucket
d to be one of the 7 wonders of the world. It sure looks fake to me... lol. But its nice la... Nature always is.

Photobucket
Everybody say 'AWWW' this squirrel was spotted near the Grand Canyon. So cute!!!

Day 6
Photobucket
is it! My favourite hotel in Las Vegas. It has a very cozy feel and I really like it.
Photobucket
The very majestic MGM logo.

Photobucket
Inside MGM. Pity I didn't have much photos but it looks fantastic.

Day 7
Photobucket
Stopped by this place called Solvang on our way to San Francisco. Nothing much.

Photobucket
Also stopped by Hearst castle. Its just a really huge place(larger than Singapore if I'm not wrong) owned by this guy, William Rudolph Hearst.
Photobucket

Day 8
Photobucket
Was at San Francisco, and I spotted the Church of Scientology. LOL
Photobucket
forced to climb all the way up okay... I was so effing tired and grumpy about it. :/
Photobucket
Fisherman's wharf... the place well-known for their overpriced seafood but fresh though.

Photobucket
My bowl of yummy lobster bisque..
Photobucket
And my cod fish&chips. Ordered crab too but I couldn't eat =[

Yeah then we went to this hotel with a very stupid name. Chukchansi Grand. It was a long long long long drive there.

Day 9

Photobucket



Ahh... I love this place. The Yosemite falls, world's 2nd tallest waterfall. It felt great to be there. Serenity.



And so, we went back to Wyndham Fullerton hotel at Orange County to stay for another 2 nights Shopped at South Coast plaza etc.



I've never felt so tired blogging. Gee. Probably my longest entry so far. I also realized there's a shitload of typo errors in it so pardon me.


I got my head checked at 10:05 AM .
Profile
.TAN.Serene
.piscean
.SIM - UOL
.msn[serene_tan@live.com.sg]


Etc.
. American love May 9 2008


Out

.
Amanda
.
Bernadine
.
Camii
.
Cayden
.
Jaclyn
.
Liyun
.
Meiqi
.
Sailesh
.
Shirmaine
.
Xiuting